When you’re shopping for a new auto insurance policy and comparing multiple insurance carriers, be sure to ask for the following discounts to get the lowest rate and payment possible.
Here are some of the common discounts you might want to ask about (if they apply to you):
- Alternative Fuel Discount: Let us know if you drive a hybrid, electric, ethanol, or flex-fuel vehicle. It may cut your bill as a result.
- College Graduate Discount: A select few insurers offer modest discounts for drivers with Bachelors, Masters, or Doctoral degrees.
- Distant Student: If your child is a student at a school over 100 miles from your home and does not have a vehicle available for use, there may be a discount available to reflect the decreased possibility of a loss.
- Driver Education/Young Driver Safety Course: Successful completion of an accredited course may help offset the higher cost of insuring a young driver.
- Good Driver: We reward drivers who have been accident and violation free for a number of years. If that’s you, get ready for some savings.
- Good Student: High school and college students may earn a discount by maintaining a B average or better.
- Homeowners Discount, Multiple Policy Discount: You may receive a discount for owning your home, but will usually be required to provide proof of homeowners insurance as verification. If you have your homeowners or renters policy with us, you may qualify for an additional discount.
- Multiple Vehicle: We offer this to customers who insure more than one vehicle with us.
- Professional Discounts: This discount often is extended to engineers, teachers, doctors, lawyers, and other such professionals. Military personnel are also often eligible for a discount.
- Senior Citizen, Retired Driver: Retirees drive less and generally drive safely. If you’re retired, ask for a discount
- Safety Devices/Anti-Theft Devices: If you provided the vehicle identification number, it is likely that items such as airbags, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes were identified at that time. But there may be additional discounts available for alarm systems or other safety features.
See how much you could save today on your auto insurance. Get your free auto insurance quotes today!